Although it takes its name from England's most famous academic institution, the oxford shirt has its origins on the backs of early British polo players, who wore shirts made from oxford cloth on the field and used pins to keep their collars in place during rigorous play. Over time, pins were replaced by buttons, and the oxford shirt became a staple of casual, prep-influenced style, and a signature element of the iconic Polo Ralph Lauren aesthetic.
- Classic Fit: a comfortable, relaxed silhouette.
- Size medium has a 31½" body length and a 34½" sleeve length. Sleeve length is taken from the center back of the neck.
- Button-down point collar. Buttoned placket.
- Long sleeves with buttoned barrel cuffs.
- Split back yoke with a box pleat ensures a comfortable fit and a greater range of motion.
- Multicolored signature embroidered pony at the left chest.
- 100% cotton.
- Machine washable.